Acceptable Vehicles & PROPOSED Parade Route 2011
Parade Vehicle Application
- Leaving Springwood Middle School Head east on Despard Ave toward Moilliet St.
- Turn left onto Moilliet St.
- Turn left onto Morison Ave.
- Turn right at N Pym St. to the Red Carpet Walk.
This form must be filed out and turned into the BSS Office attention to the BSS Dry Grad Committe by April 30th.
The following will give you an outline of the types of vehicles that will be permitted in the Parade. Essentially, any vehicle (or other mod of transportation) that is considered "Road Worthy" will be permitted.
- Maximum of 8 Grads / Guests per vehicle.
- All vehicles must be I.C.B.C. licenced and insured unless it is something like a farm tractor, trailer, horse and carriage etc.
- Trucks carrying / Towing boats or trailers are ok if licenced. Total Combined length not to exceed 40ft. (There are some very tight turns at the end of the parade route)
- Grads riding in trailers or back of trucks the R.C.M.P. would prefer if the passengers were sitting in chairs.
- Drivers of vehicles must stay on the designated parade route or they will be dismissed from the parade and the Prom ceremonies!
- NO Tractor Trailer Rigs
- Drivers are to drive in a civil fashon and obey all the rules of the road just as if they would in an every day fashion.
- No squealing of tires or passing vehicles in front or detours to shorten the route.
- If students are unsure of the vehicle they propose to use in the parade they should check with the R.C.M.P. ahead of time or check with I.C.B.C. Vehicles not deemed road worthy will not be permitted in the parade.
- Most non licenced vehicles can obtain a Temperary Operators Permit from I.C.B.C. for the parade.
- If a Grad student is doing the driving him or herself it is recommended that they have a person at parade end to take the vehicle at the drop off point at the red carpet to avoid any delays. Ask a friend or relative to help.
- Drivers will be encouraged to keep up with the vehicle in front at all times.... no horsing around as this is a very long route and we wish to get everyone to the event on time so we can eat at a decent hour and get on with the fun.